The FURminator deShedding tool is one of the most popular pet shedding tools.
So, why exactly?
The Furminator helps to reduce the shedding of hair by up to 90%. Unlike the dog brush which only brushes the surface of the coat, the FURminator tool is designed in a way that it can reach into the dense undercoat to remove any loose hair.
They come in different varieties for different types of coats, and if you have different kinds of dogs, you will want to get each dog their own brush.
You’ll need to go for one with a stainless-steel head and a comfortable handle since you might be combing him for at least half an hour a couple of times a week for a dog with a dense coat.
The good part is that this de-shedding tool comes with an ergonomically made design, great for working comfortably over long periods. It also has a safety guard that ensures that the stainless-steel teeth from injuring users. It also features a FURejector button that quickly removes any hair caught up in the teeth. In my opinion, this seems to be the only valid reason to choose the Furminator over the Dakpets deshedding tool.
Directions of Use
This de-shedding tool is perfect for both dogs and cats but shouldn’t be used on animals that are non-shedding tools. Below are the directions of use:
Undercoat deshedding is best done when you’ve washed and dried your pet. This ensures that the coat and skin of the pets are healthy.
It is very important to ensure that your pet is physically fit on the skin before deshedding. Look out for things like sores, bruises, and other conditions, and have them treated. You then need to get rid of any tangles in the animal’s fur using the FURminator Fur Dematting or Grooming Rake tools.
You can now use the FURminator deShedding tool just the same way you would a brush. It should be stroked in the direction of growth, the stainless steel teeth angled towards the coat as you work from the head backwards. Don’t concentrate on a single area for too long. Despite the fact that the deShedding tool has a skin guard design, it could still irritate your furry friend. That means not applying too much pressure, and stopping if you notice any irritation, usually in the form of redness on the skin.
When the tool gets excess hair, press the FURejector button to remove it, as per directions on the pack.
Here are some simple tips to prolong the life of your tool.
- Before using the FURminator deShedding tool, you should use the Grooming Rake to get rid of any tangles or mats, since they can damage the teeth of the deShedding tool by bending or breaking them. It could also make it uncomfortable for your furry friend
- Keep the undercoat deShedding tool in a safe place where it won’t fall and get damaged
- Using warm water and mild soap should be used when cleaning the deShedding edge, so as to reduce any dander that might have piled on the teeth. Dry the tool before storage
- There is an Edge Guard that protects the deShedding edge, meaning that you don’t have to put a cap on it when storing it. Push the FURejector button and lock the Edge Guard by pulling the lock towards you.
Dogs and cats tend to shed a lot of hair, and especially during the summer as a way of controlling their temperatures. This can be quite annoying to you as pet owner since they will leave the fur all over the place. This shedding is a natural process that allows the pets to regulate their temperature, which is just the same way that you wouldn’t wear a winter jacket in the summer.
The heat would kill you. Keep in mind; dog shedding can also be due to other factors such as poor diets, infections, allergies, and disease. One of the best ways of reducing dog shedding is by use of a FURminator deShedding tool
- Shedding can be reduced by up to 90%
- Different designs for different dog types and different fur lengths
- It comes with a FURjector button that efficiently removed the loose hair that accumulates in the teeth
- Comes with an ergonomically designed handle suitable for using without tiring easily
- Each de-shedding tool only works for dogs of a particular size and fur length
- Heavier than many similar de-shedding tools
- It is costlier than many of the other de-shedding tools on the market
· Specially designed for every dog’s size and hair length
· It features a FURjector button to quickly remove the loose hair that accumulates in the brush’s teeth
· Ergonomically designed handle that reduces the chances of your hand tiring
· Comes with a Skin Guard/ Edge Guard that protects the skin by gliding smoothly over it, and also prevents the teeth from harm in storage
Dogs will always shed their fur and one of the best ways of reducing the amount of fur that they shed is by using the FURminator deShedding tool. It removes any loose hairs in the undercoat and also ensures that the coat is free of mats or tangles. The deShedding tools are customized for different sized pets and fur lengths. Get yours now and leave us a review of your experience in the comment section below.